Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme started by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey and hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. If you would like to join the group on Goodreads and post your own top 5’s click here! These posts are something I started doing here a few months ago and I really enjoyed doing it on the weeks I could think of stuff to write about so I plan to continue these in the same fashion this year too 🙂
- Read more adult fiction- I got really into reading “adult” novels at the end of last year and I really loved them. It definitely broadened my horizons a bit since I had only been reading YA Fantasy for the most part before then. I am, technically speaking, an adult, so some teen books just don’t quite appeal to me anymore. That doesn’t mean I don’t like them any more, it just means that the teen books have to have a certain quality of reality and uniqueness without being cheesy to interest me that is kind of hard to find right now in my opinion.
- Make some time to read for fun for at least 30 minutes a week- Last January, I started college and I have big chunks of the year now where I have no time to read a book purely for leisure. I am not saying that I need to put down my homework and force myself to read a Cassie Clare book, but I want to put a little more effort into reading books to escape for a bit. I usually just turn on Netflix or YouTube to do that, while I could really be reading (which I have no excuse for not doing in the first place). So yeah, I want to set aside a little bit of reading time each week to read an actual hold-it-in-your-hand-and-turn-the-pages book for fun this year while away at school.
- Try to go out and explore Boston with friends more- I am normally a really independent person, so if there’s something I want to do, I’ll either go do it if I can on y own or I’ll pass on it because I can’t do it alone. I feel like there’s so much I still need to see in Boston and Ineed to get out there with friends and do more stuff!!
- Engage more in the blogging community both on WordPress and on social media- This is something I have been doing more over this school break and I am already feeling an improvement in my enjoyment of blogging as a whole because I am commenting on other people’s posts. I really want to reach out more this year and just have more fun doing this little hobby.
- Drink more water every day- Man. Sometimes I am really good at drinking water, and sometimes I am really terrible about it. I felt like this needed to be a goal because I know how beneficial it is to drink a lot of water each day, but I am terrible about doing it, so this year I want to keep track of it a bit better, I know there are apps for that right?
Anyways, I hope everyone had a great holiday season! What are your 2017 goals? If you wrote a post about them, let me know and I’ll check it out 🙂