Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme started by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey and hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. If you would like to join the group on Goodreads and post your own top 5’s click here! Don’t worry, these posts will always be spoiler free!
I’ve never been hugely into rereading books, or even re watching movies (that aren’t the Harry Potter films), but I did reread The Bad Beginning last year and loved it all over again so maybe I’ll actually get around to reading these books… eventually.
*drowns in the amount of books on my shelf that I have yet to read*
5. The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld: I really want to read these again because I constantly recommend them to people and I just feel like over the years (It’s been about 7 years since I’ve read them) I have forgotten some of the details and important plot points.
4. 1984 by George Orwell: I “read” this one for school in my senior year of high school, and by “read” I mean that I only read half of the book and then just stopped because we never really followed up with the assignment XD. But I was really enjoying the book and I own in on Kindle so I really just need to start from the beginning and give it another go.
3. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad: This is another one I read senior year, really I just want to reread everything I read in AP Lit, and I want to read more classics. Also I feel like I might enjoy reading them if they aren’t being forced upon me by teachers and professors, so I am hoping I will stay motivated to by a few of them and actually read them. There are tons of classics free on Kindle too so I could start there!
2. This book I forgot the name of and literally CAN’T FIND ANYWHERE!! It’s so frustrating to me that no matter how I try to search for this book online, nothing comes up that is even remotely close to the novel I am looking for. Basically, my mom used to grab books off of the new teen titles at the library for my sister and I when she went to the library without us, and one day about 5 years ago she rented us this novel about angels (If I am remembering it correctly). So the only thing I remember is a bit of the beginning about a fire, and the girl (main character) escapes this giant house fire but her parents die and then somehow these guys find her and tell her that she is born of angels and that they are angels too. The only other random detail I remember is that for some reason, these angels could travel by light. Like they could stand under a street lamp at night and then basically apparate (that’s the only thing I can think to compare it too) to any other place they know of that has a lit lamp. That’s literally all I know. It has been annoying the heck out of me that I haven’t been able to find this book and I have been looking for about two years! So if any of you know of this book and can tell me the title I would greatly appreciate it because I remember liking it and I really want to read it again so I can appreciate it more :P.
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket: I absolutely love these books and I reread the first one last year which reminded me of how amazing they are. Of course, I am more inclined to reread these ASAP because the Netflix show is being released January 13th (expect a post about that when I watch it!), but I only own a handful of the books so I may have to renew my library card and try to rent them!
What books do you want to reread?